WordPress is one of the best blogging platforms on the internet because it offers so much greater functionality as themes, plugins that can be downloaded, installed and utilized for absolutely free, auto ping functionality… In this article I’ll show you how to install and run WordPress locally on XAMP. If you don’t know what is XAMP and how to install it , please read previous article How to install XAMP .
1) Install XAMPP lite for Windows , follow these instructions
2) Download WordPress and unzip it under c:\xampplite\htdocs.
3) Go to xampp/htdocs/wordpress and open wp-config-sample.php with text editor as notepad and replace the default values by the ones you see under this paragraph. Save the file as wp-config.php.
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress'); // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'root'); // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', ''); // ...and password (needs to be empty, just for local install)
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value
4) Go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ and create new database called wordpress
5) Launch your browser and navigate to http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php , follow the instructions, and you are done.