In this post I’ll show you real process behind cracking password. This will be introduction to the couple method of password cracking : guessing , brute force attack and dictionary attack .
Here I will cracking something simple and legal , it’s PDF file. If you have PDF and you forget the password
it’s legal to use password cracking software to retrieved.
It’s the easiest way to gain access . Here are few guessing tips:
Try common passwords , go to the link whatsmypass.com
So first try numeric counting up to the number 9 . You can try any of combination from passwords on that page , you’ll be suprised how often that actually work.
- Name combination (ex. markhunt,mhunt,etc)
- Personal likes(ex. bands,songs,sports,movie charactes, etc.)
- Combine these tips (ex. jazzjoe,eojzza)
- Try adding numbers at the end , such as the number 1 or an important year.
If the person that created password is not technically then after trying this few tips , your probably guess his password. But if that not work you’ll need to move to something more advance.
This advance usually use specific cracking software .
Password Cracking Using Software
In this case I’ll use pdf cracking software . Download windows free pdf unlocker from this link appnimi.com
PDF unlocker envols two password cracking method called brute force and dictionary attack .
First select PDF that you want to crack and select the destination for the cracked version of it.
You’ll see two option for minimal and maximal length of password.
- Very common password cracking attack
- Will find the password if it is an actual word
- Scans through a word file until it finds the correct password
- With this program you can create and use own dictionary list , but if you browse through installation
directory you’ll see one has been already install with this program.
If this attack fail the you should use brute force attack .
Brute Force Attack
Uses a list of all possible characters
- Systematically cycles through all the characters unitil the password is found
- This program offer sufix and prefix fields in case you know how the password begins and ends
Hopefully this post not only taught you the science of password cracking , but also how to make yours more secure
If you want more hacking, step by step tutorials with images , I recommend A Beginners Guide To Ethical Hacking This ebook is great start to begin learning about password cracking phishing. network hacking, wireless hacking, malware, Windows hacking.