Proxy server is some kind of a buffer between your computer and the designated internet destination. When you use a proxy server , your computer will send a request to the proxy server , then the proxy server will send it to the destination (for example a website), the destination will answer the request the proxy has sent and finally the proxy will return the data to you computer. When you visit www.hackspc.com with a proxy server , it looks like this:
Reasons for using proxy servers:
- Proxy server is able to increase or decrease the speed of your connection to the Internet depending on the location of the proxy
- Proxy server ( but only anonymous) can hide your IP address (the resource you visit will retrieve the IP of the proxy, and not your
- Proxy servers can help in case some owner of an Internet resource impose restrictions for users from certain countries ( for example hulu.com is only reserved for those from United States, if you are not from United States, you can’t watch videos on hulu.com)
How to use a proxy server?
It is simple, just follow these instructions for Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. In the Menu bar, select Tools, then Internet Options
3. After this click the Connection tab
4. In the Connection tab, on the bottom , you will find LAN settings;
5.In LAN tab, check use a proxy server for your LAN, in Address add the IP Addresses of the proxy you would like to use, and add Port, and finally click OK.It looks like this:
In this example we are using an anonymous proxy server from United Kingdom with this IP address: 184.108.40.206 and port 80 . Here you can find a free proxy list. These are free proxy servers. For more free proxies, just google “free proxy server list”.
The same for Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox
2.In Menu bar, select Tools, then Options…
5.In Settings tab, check Manually proxy configuration, in HTTP Proxy add IP addresses from proxy server, and add Port, you can also set sites where you wont´t use proxy server. For Example if you are from Germany, no sense to use a proxy server for German sites.
In the end click Ok;
We used the same proxy server(therefore the same address) also for Mozilla.
Here’s a video instructional: